Harold Dodge, Franklin Park’s first medical doctor, graduated from Rush Medical College in 1890. Dr. Dodge married Ada in 1982, and began his practice here in 1893 — going on to deliver three generations of Franklin Parkers. Dr. Dodge owned the first car in Leyden Township, and had his home built at 3224 Rose St. Both Dr. Dodge and his wife Ada, were very interested in education; Ada served on the board of education for both the Grade School and the High School. Dr. Dodge also served on the first board of health, was president of the first bank and was active in civic and fraternal organizations. Dodge Field (the football field at East Leyden High School) and Dodge Lane in Franklin Park are named after the Dodges.