Computers & Internet
The Library provides 19 computers for teens and adults, and 6 computers for kids. Internet use is free for all. Those without a library card must present an ID to receive a guest pass and are limited to one hour. Minors are allowed Internet access unless a parent/guardian signs the Internet Opt-Out form (available from the Kids Crossing Desk). All Internet users must read and accept our Internet Policy and Rules for Use before using the Internet. Internet use is filtered; please avoid looking at materials that may be disruptive to other library visitors.
Software & Equipment
- Our computers run Windows 10. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers are available. Microsoft Office 2013 (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) is available.
- Our Simple Scan Station offers two scanners: a book scanner and a document feeder scanner. Scan to email, a flash drive, Google Drive, share with your smartphone/tablet or fax.
- We ensure that your personal data does not remain on public devices. Your files should be saved online or onto a personal device. Flash drives are available for $2 each.
- Headphones are not provided, and we recommend you bring your own. Earbuds are for sale for $1 at the Info Desk and the Kids Crossing Desk.
- A multi-card reader is available to borrow at the Info Desk.
- Free WiFi is available. Look for “Franklin Park Library” under available networks. WiFi use falls under the same rules as our Internet Policy.
- Various areas offer electrical outlets for easy charging while you work. The Teen Zone offers an area for teens to work and charge their own devices.
Interested in learning more about technology? Find out more about tech training.
Visit or call the Info Desk at 847-455-6016 ext. 229
, or email email@example.com