Computers & Internet
The Library currently provides 19 computers for teens and adults, and 6 computers for kids. Internet use is free for all library users. Minors are allowed Internet access unless a parent or guardian signs the Internet Opt-Out form, which is available from the Info Desk or the Kids Crossing Desk. All Internet users must read and accept our Internet Policy and Rules for Use before using the Internet. Internet use is filtered; we ask that you avoid looking at materials that may be disruptive to other library users.
Software & Equipment
- Our computers run Windows 10. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers are available. Microsoft Office 2013 (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) is available.
- Our Simple Scan Station offers two scanners: a book scanner and a document feeder scanner. Scan to email, a flash drive, Google Drive, share with your smartphone/tablet or fax.
- We ensure that your personal data does not remain on public devices. Your files should be saved online or onto a personal storage device. Computers are equipped with CD/DVD burners and CD-R/DVD-R disks are available for purchase at the Info Desk for $1 each. Flash drives are also available for $2 each.
- Headphones are not provided, and we recommend you bring your own. Earbuds are for sale for $1 at the Info Desk and the Kids Crossing Desk.
- A multi-card reader is available to borrow at the Info Desk.
- Free WiFi is available. Look for “Franklin Park Library” under available networks. WiFi use falls under the same rules as our Internet Policy. Access is available throughout the building and during operating hours only.
- Our two Laptop Areas offer multiple electrical outlets for easy charging while you work. The Teen Zone also offers an area for teens to work and charge their own devices.
Interested in learning more about technology? Find out more about tech training.
Visit or call the Info Desk at 847-455-6016 ext. 229
, or email email@example.com